Happy New Year! I love welcoming in the New Year – it’s kind of a magical time when the air is full of hope and new possibilities and a chance for change. In the spirit of this optimistic time of year, I’ve made a list of my top 5 blogging resolutions for the New Year. They’re pretty basic, but I hope that means they’ll be easier to stick to (unlike my eat healthier resolution – this morning I had a cup of Archer Farms Frosted Sugar Cookie coffee and 4 pretty good-sized brownie bites for breakfast).
1. Commit to regularly scheduled posts – Last year I toyed around with Monday Morning Coffee News, but I wasn’t really consistent with it. For 2015, I plan on Monday Morning Coffee News becoming a regular and reliable scheduled post starting the first Monday of January. Once I get into a comfortable pattern with regular posting, I hope to start adding and committing to more scheduled posts as well.
2. Post more often – In 2014 I sometimes posted 3 times a week and sometimes only 3 times a month. In 2015, I’m making a resolution to post at least twice a week, every week. I plan to accumulate a stockpile of saved draft posts that I can dip into when I get too busy or, like this past December, have technical difficulties that make it impossible for me access my blog for any meaningful amount of time.
3. Set aside time for blogging and use it wisely – This may sound like a no brainer, but a lot of my falling behind has to do with not having the time or, when I do have time, squandering it by falling into the time-draining black holes that are tumblr or fan fiction sites (my addictive personality has me wasting hours on such sites – seriously, like Oh My God, I may need a support group). My plan is to set aside a few hours (at least one) in the evenings and on the weekends that are totally dedicated to writing up posts.
4. Read and review all the books I have in my queue – When it comes to books, my eyes are bigger than my stomach. I love books and I can’t wait to get my hands on all that I can, but then things happen and I start accumulating quite an impressive backlog – as of this moment I have 39 books in my to be read pile. I’m making a resolution to get through my backlog in these next 3 months. Wish me luck.
5. Make Blogging Friends 🙂 – I’m super shy and don’t make friends easily, but I hope to reach out more this year, at least a little. My resolution is to make the first small steps of at least replying to all comments made on my own blog and to start commenting more often on other blogs.
So that’s it for my 2015 blogging resolutions. I feel good about them, they’re low in number and simple enough that they should be fairly easy to keep, plus I already have plans of attack lined up to keep myself on track. How about you guys? Any blogging resolutions? Any plans to keep yourself on the straight and narrow?
😀 Wishing Everyone A Great New Year & Good Luck In Keeping Your Own Resolutions! 😀