Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Drinking a good old-fashioned Irish Coffee is a great way to celebrate today (or any day, Irish Coffee is delicious and makes a great nightcap all year long). This super yummy traditional coffee drink is surprisingly easy to make; you really only need 4 ingredients: a cup of coffee, a tablespoon of sugar, a shot of whisky, and a dollop of cream. Putting it all together is a breeze too (under 5 minutes; ten if you make your own whipped topping).
What You Need:
- 1 cup of coffee (5-8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (preferably brown, but white works too)
- 1 shot of whisky (preferably Irish (I use Jameson Irish Whiskey), but really any will do)
- 1 dollop of whipped topping (you can use store bought, but I prefer to whip mine at home using heavy whipping cream)
- Step 1 (optional): If you’re going to make your own whipped topping, place a bowl (metal or ceramic) in the freezer along with a whisk for 30 min. After the items are chilled, pour heavy whipping cream into the bowl and whisk the mixture together vigorously until the amount of cream doubles in size and you see whipped cream begin to stick to whisk. Set aside.
- Step 2: Pour tablespoon of sugar into the bottom of whatever glassware you’re using for your Irish Coffee. Pour the shot of whisky on top and mix until sugar dissolves.
- Step 3: Add coffee.
- Step 4: Gently dollop cream on top of beverage (if you plop it down too hard it won’t float on top as nicely 😉 ).
- Step 5: DRINK 😀
And there you have it! Super easy to make and really delicious to drink. Enjoy! 😀 😀 😀