Monday Morning Coffee News

coffeenews_zps14f07510

Happy Monday! Some interesting coffee news: Starbucks is introducing new coffees on the go as well as a new series of single origin coffees, Caribou Coffee chains are leading the way towards Clean Label beverages, and Kitchenaid released a high-priced home cold brew coffee maker, while CUB cold brew launched a Kickstarter campaign for their new cold brew system which claims to cut the brewing time from hours to mere minutes. 

 photo Ready_to_Drink_Beverages_2017_2_zpsfhao9fir.jpgStarbucks is adding a bunch of new flavors to their ready-to-drink beverages this spring. Starting this week, new Cocoa & Honey with Cream Starbucks Cold Brew is joining the Starbucks Cold Brew family, Starbucks Frappuccino bottled coffee drink lineup will now include Dulce de Leche, Starbucks Doubleshot has three new varieties including Cubano (inspired by Cuban-style coffee), Espresso & Salted Caramel Cream, and Caramel Starbucks Doubleshot Coffee & Protein, and Starbucks Iced Coffee multi-serve bottles will now come in Blonde Roast and Dark Roast as well as Medium Roast. Starbucks is also launching a new series of limited edition whole bean, single-origin coffees that will focus not only on place of origin, but also the process by which the fruit is removed from the bean. The first offering in the series, Starbucks Single-Origin Sun-Dried Ethiopia Sidamo coffee, described as having rich flavors of black cherry and dark chocolate, will be available for a limited time in Starbucks stores in the U.S. and Canada, as well as online.

 photo Caribou_zpsw62fy5pd.jpegCaribou Coffee has been leading the way towards Clean Label beverages since they first made the commitment back in 2014. As of now, 91% of thier hancrafted drinks meet their Clean Label standard, with the other 9% are expected to meet Caribou’s Clean Label standard by the end of 2018. “Clean Label” means no added colors, flavors, preservatives, or sweetners – check out their website for a full list of the 70+ ingreditants on thier “Off-Limits list” as well as to get a coupon so you can try one of their Clean Label drinks for yourself: CaribouCleanDrink.com

Kitchenaid has recently come out with a new Cold Brew Coffee Maker. The coffee maker makes cold brew the traditional no-heat way, filling the glass brew jar with cold water and adding ground coffee to the included reusable stainless steel steeper and let it steep for 12-24 hours. Retailing for $129.99, the brewer can make up to 28 ounces (14 average single servings) of cold brew coffee at a time and is small enough to keep in the fridge for “easy dispensing straight from the fridge.”

 
CUB Cold Brew recently launched a Kickstarter campaign for the CUB Cold Brew System which allows users to make cold brew coffee in only 15 minutes, instead of the usual 12-24 hours, by utilizing vacuum technology. Check out the video below for more information:

Advertisements

About Tiffany - Book And Coffee Addict

I run on coffee, books, and lipstick. I'm obsessed with Good Books and Great Coffee and love to talk about them.
This entry was posted in Coffee, Coffee News and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s