Hey guys! Today I want to share with you an easy peasy recipe for some decadently delicious Coffee Liqueur Chocolate Truffles. Making your own truffles might sound a bit off putting, like it would be too complicated or difficult – it’s actually anything but! Chocolate truffles are simply balls of chocolate ganache rolled into some kind of coating. And chocolate ganache is simply a chocolate mixture made with chocolate and cream by pouring the heated cream over the chocolate pieces and then mixing until smooth.
Sounds fancy, but actually super simple and easy right?
Making some simple dairy-free modifications to this recipe is super easy as well. Beyond the simple substitution of vegan chocolate chips for regular chocolate chips, you can also use this great tip I learned for substituting coconut cream for heavy cream from GoDairyFree.org: get a can of full-fat coconut milk and let it sit out on your counter (I wait like 1-2 hours) and then open it with a can opener – you’ll find the coconut cream has risen to the top and can easily be scooped out with a spoon.
What You Need:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- Optional Toppings: chopped nuts, cocoa powder, etc.
- Step 1: Place chocolate chips in a medium-sized, heat-safe bowl
- Step 2: Heat heavy cream in a small sauce pan until hot.
- Step 3: Pour your heated cream over the chocolate.
- Step 4: Add vanilla extract. Let sit a few minutes. Stir until blended.
- Step 6: Add coffee liqueur and stir until blended again.
- Step 7: Allow mixture to come to room temp, and then refrigerate for 2-4 hours until thick enough to be scooped out in balls.
- Step 8: Scoop out chocolate in balls (a cookie-dough or ice-cream scoop works great for this, put a spoon will work too) and carefully place them on a wax paper lined baking sheet. (Optional) Place your toppings into bowls and roll the chocolate balls around in the desired topping before placing on wax-paper)
- Step 9: Place truffles in refrigerator and let set over night.
- Step 10: Eat & Enjoy! (Responsibly, of course 😉 )
I know this looks like a lot of steps, but they are really simple and easy to follow and these come out fabulous ❤